France won their second World Cup on Sunday with a thrilling 4-2 victory over Croatia in Moscow.
It means that Didier Deschamps is only the third person to win the World Cup as both a player and a manager, after Brazil's Mario Zagallo and Germany's Franz Beckenbauer.
That was not the only impressive stat from one of the most entertaining World Cup finals in recent history, however.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the best facts and figures from a remarkable game.
- France became the first team to score four goals in a World Cup final since Brazil beat Italy 4-1 in 1970.
- This was the highest scoring World Cup final since England beat Germany 4-2 back in 1966.
- Kylian Mbappe (19y 207d) is the second youngest player to score in a World Cup final, after Pele for Brazil in 1958 (17y 249d).
3 - Didier Deschamps has become the third person to win the World Cup as a player and as manager after Mario Zagallo and Franz Beckenbauer. Champion. #WorldCupFinal #WorldCup #FRA #CRO pic.twitter.com/H3zrhkx9rO— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 15, 2018
- Antoine Griezmann has scored 10 goals for France in major tournaments - only three players have scored more for Les Bleus (Michel Platini 14, Just Fontaine 13, Thierry Henry 12).
- Paul Pogba became the first Manchester United player to score in a World Cup final, and the first Premier League player to do so since Emmanuel Petit in 1998.
- Pogba's goal was the first scored from outside the box in a World Cup final since Marco Tardelli for Italy against Germany in 1982.
CROATIA FALL SHORT
- Croatia are the first team to lose in their first ever appearance in a World Cup final since the Netherlands in 1974 (1-2 vs Germany).
- Ivan Perisic has been directly involved in 11 goals at major tournaments (7 goals, 4 assists) - more than any other Croatia player.
- Perisic became only the second player to both score a goal, and concede a penalty in a World Cup final, after Marco Materazzi for Italy in 2006.
- Mario Mandzukic is only the second player in World Cup history to score a goal for his team and an own goal in the same match, after the Netherlands' Ernie Brandts against Italy in 1978.
2 - Mario Mandzukic is just the second player in World Cup history to score a goal for his side and an own goal in a single game, after Ernie Brandts for the Netherlands versus Italy in 1978. Quirk. #WorldCupFinal #WorldCup #CRO #FRA pic.twitter.com/W1geg7lstV— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 15, 2018
- Mandzukic became the fifth player to score in both World Cup and European Cup/Champions League finals after Ferenc Puskas, Zoltan Czibor, Gerd Muller and Zinedine Zidane.
15 de octubre 2018
|NBA 2018-19: It´s a big season for - Ball, Kawhi, Carmelo, Love & Cousins|
|Bellew: I have no fear of Usyk|
|Birthday boy Ozil is the most creative player in Europe|
|CSA reveals De Villiers and Rabada involved in Mzansi Super League|
|FA condemns England supporters involved in trouble in Seville|
|Gascoigne hits back over Scottish Hall of Fame snub|
|NBA 2018-19: LeBron closing in on Jordan, Curry chasing Miller and Allen|
|Ter Stegen should start ahead of Neuer for Germany – Matthaus|
|England´s Sterling impressed by Sancho´s work ethic|
|Vandoorne seals switch to Formula E|
|Halep to end 2018 as world number one|
|Sri Lanka´s Jayasuriya charged by ICC with breaching anti-corruption code|
|Vermaelen out for six weeks with hamstring injury|
|LeBron and Irving did not fall out, says ex-Cavs trainer|
|Ramsey out of Wales´ clash with Republic of Ireland|
|Bolt angry with drugs test|
|Bad luck is not a coincidence – Kimmich concerned by Germany form|
|Mahomes: Chiefs need to win like Brady and the Patriots|
|Schuster warns Real Madrid not to panic-buy striker in January|
|We´re here to win! - Paine not happy celebrating a draw|
|Injured Thauvin out of Germany clash|
|Southgate hits out at early Premier League start|
|Modric to Inter talk is ´fantasy´, says Guardiola|
|Pats hand first loss to Chiefs after wild shoot-out|
|Cowboys, Ravens dominate as Pats beat Chiefs in NFL classic|
|Brady becomes first QB to 200 regular-season wins in NFL|
|Red Sox level series against Astros|
|Mbappe leaves red-faced Dembele on his backside|
|Red Sox ace Sale admitted to hospital with stomach illness|
|From UFC to NFL? McGregor throws pass for Cowboys|
|Ancelotti praises ´dangerous´ Mbappe|
|Uncapped Papalii named in All Blacks squad|
|Kane would star in LaLiga – Ramos|
|Guardiola unsure about Man City´s Champions League chances|
|Dzeko: Premier League return? You never know|
|Gurley dominates to help Rams beat Broncos|
|Butler expected to play Timberwolves´ opener against Spurs|
|I´m no wizard – Mancini asks for patience with Italy|
|The Messi and Ronaldo era is phenomenal – Guardiola|
|Dolphins defeat Bears in OT with 47-yard field goal|
|Almirola picks up win at Talladega|
14 de octubre 2018
|Wigan´s Sarginson wanted Grand Final glory in memory of brother|
|McLeish: Scotland keep shooting themselves in the foot|
|Sarries´ walking wounded a concern for Jones|
|Poland 0 Italy 1: Biraghi seals last-gasp win to keep final-four hopes alive|
|Seahawks top Raiders with blowout win in London|
|In-demand Hogg hints at Glasgow exit|
|Holder calls on Windies batsmen to step up after India whitewash|
|France´s World Cup win hurt me - Koscielny retires from international football|
|Bailey performs U-turn on Jamaica call-up|
|Evans becomes Buccaneers´ all-time leading receiver|
|Overlooked Alba is one of the world´s best, says Ramos|
|Del Potro a major ATP Finals doubt due to fractured patella|
|Gomez to replace suspended Stones for England|
|Luis Enrique applauds ´adaptive´ Southgate|
|Pepperell holds off Bjork for wire-to-wire British Masters glory|
|Steelers´ Shazier returns to Bengals´ stadium for first time since injury|
|Scotland 1 Portugal 3: Santos´ side pile misery on McLeish|
|Falcons prey on Toulon, Vunipola brothers injured in Sarries win|
|N´Golo Kante is fundamental for France – Lucas Hernandez|
|Real Madrid star Bale withdraws from Wales squad|
|50 Cent to meet Khabib for Bellator talks|
|Drink-driving charge does not change who I am – Lloris|
|Pavard backs Varane to beat favourites to Ballon d´Or|
|Gareth gives players more input - Henderson explains Southgate, Klopp contrast|
|Stephens qualifies for WTA Finals as Svitolina sits out Kremlin Cup|
|Disrespectful critics are treating us like amateurs - Hummels|
|Final Proteas-Zimbabwe T20 washed out|
|Deontay Wilder apologises for punching mascot on live TV|
|Irrepressible Djokovic hunting year-end number one|